Monday, March 26, 2012

March Madness

Prior to March, the PCT was the only thing on my mind. All day every day I was thinking about everything from my gear choices, how I'm planning my resupply, to what it will be like once I'm actually on the trail and worrying about every possible thing that can go wrong. I even had some dreams about the PCT. Just when I thought I might be going crazy the calendar turned over to March, which can only mean one thing - March Madness!

The NCAA Basketball Tournament is always one of my most anticipated sporting events of the year. It has been a much needed distraction from my PCT obsession, and this year it has been even more exciting for me with my favorite team, Ohio State, reaching the Final Four this past weekend. Sometimes I've been so focused on basketball that I even forget that I'll be hiking in a month.

I think one of the things I'll miss the most while I'm on the trail is watching sports. I'm not a baseball guy, but there are still a lot of other summer sporting events that I look forward to that I'm going to have to miss this year: the NBA playoffs, the golf and tennis majors, the Tour de France, and the Olympics and European soccer championships which are only held once every four years. Thankfully I should be back for most of football season in the fall! Hiking the PCT will be totally worth the sacrifice though, especially since watching sports seems to frustrate me more often than not.

In exactly one month from today I will start hiking!

Go Buckeyes! Beat Kansas!

It's been a happy March for Brutus!

2 comments:

  1. Go Buckeyes!!
    One more month! lots to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little guy - win or lose, he always has a big smile on his face! Now all he needs is a little backpack and a couple hiking lessons!

    ReplyDelete