Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 2 - Kickoff

Day 2 - Friday, April 27
Lake Morena (mile 20.6)
Miles Today - 0

I spent most of the day wandering around kickoff. I attended a presentation about desert hiking in the morning, took a much needed nap in the afternoon, and then went to the water report for updates on the desert water sources. They served burritos for dinner. I hung out at the bonfire for a bit and caught part of the PCT short film festival. I'm getting to bed a lot earlier tonight.



Kickoff officially goes until Sunday but I think I'm going to hike out tomorrow morning to get a head start and avoid the crowds. It's been an interesting experience and most of the people have been nice, but kickoff just isn't for me. I'd rather meet people out on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment