Wednesday, April 25, 2012

San Diego

Wednesday, April 25
I made it to San Diego! The flight over was kind of long and boring, but I was glued to the window as we flew over Colorado. I recognized all the major mountain ranges and some of the major peaks as well as Durango. It brought back fond memories of my hike on the Colorado Trail last year and it was cool to see it all from the air.
I'm staying as Scout and Frodo's tonight along with about 40 other thruhikers. I didn't see this many thruhikers in five weeks on the CT. It's a little overwhelming, but everyone seems nice. John, who I met on the CT is also staying here. Good to see him again and to see a familiar face. He's starting the PCT tomorrow as well, as are most of the people here.
Scout and Frodo hiked the PCT and have been hosting hikers at their house for seven years. I'm really impressed by how organized they are to be able to host so many people every year. There were ten trips to the airport just today to pick people up, and then they provide dinner for everyone. Tonight we had spaghetti with meat sauce and salad.

There are people spread out all over the house. I'm sleeping in the garage with a few others. We're leaving for the trail at 6 am tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment