Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 5 - In the Sun

Day 5 - Monday, April 30
Pioneer Mail (52.7) to Rodriguez Spur (68.4)
Miles today - 15.7

I didn't sleep well last night. The dryness here makes my nose stuffy so I have to breathe through my mouth, but then my mouth gets bone dry in seconds. Also, I think I'm allergic to something here. I was sneezing all night. When I did actually get a little sleep I had one of the worst dreams I think I've ever had. I was happy when morning came around.

I hiked almost the entire day with Charles. He's in his 50's and from San Antonio. I think we're going to head into Julian tomorrow. It was warm and sunny all day again, and the only relief I had in the shade was when I took a break behind a water tank. No natural shade anywhere.







We didn't see many hikers on the trail, but there's a whole bunch of us camping together. When there aren't many water sources around, everybody seems to make them their destination for the day.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see that there's water for horses! Too bad you don't have one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds brutal. I hope the heat lets up soon. I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That water was consumed by humans that day! Good thing I have a filter.

    ReplyDelete