Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 3 - Into the Desert

Day 3 - Saturday, April 28
Lake Morena (20.6) to Long Canyon Creek (38)
Miles today - 17.4
I was on the trail at 9:00 after having a bagel for breakfast and getting everything packed. I think leaving today was smart. I only saw a small handful of hikers. Finally a bit of solitude.

The trail was uphill for most of the day. What made it hard was just the lack of shade. There is no escaping the sun out here and it is pretty warm. The bad news is that it will get much hotter than this. I really hate the heat.

I found a place to camp around 6:00. There's a girl named Andrea here as well. After a quick dinner I'm ready for bed. It's been a tiring first few days.
My journal entries don't seem very interesting so far. I've been so tired at the end of the day that I just haven't been in the mood to write. Also, I know people are waiting for me to post my entries to my blog, but I havent had much cell service yet. Hopefully I can get them posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment