Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 68 - South Lake Tahoe

Day 68 - Monday, July 2
Upper Truckee River (1,082.3) to South Lake Tahoe (1,092.9)
Miles today - 10.6

The mozzies were bad this morning so we hiked quickly to Hwy 50 where we got a lucky hitch to South Tahoe after waiting only two minutes. We were in town in time for breakfast and I got a four egg omelette with Swiss cheese, onion, tomato, bacon, and spinach. Macho Taco and I are staying at yet another Motel 6.



Above: There was a ton of traffic in town, probably because of July 4th in a couple days. It made it hard to get around on foot.

After being on the verge on quitting just a few days ago, I've decided to keep going. I've been dreaming about this trail for too long and I've come too far to give up. I know I would regret it for the rest of my life. I just need to focus on short term goals instead of thinking about Canada and being overwhelmed by how far I have left to go. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment