Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 87 - Final Sunset

Day 87 - Saturday, July 21
Dirt road (1,463) to Trough Creek (1,486.8)
Miles today - 23.8

It was another long day, this time there were no views of any kind. Just forest walking and dodging poison oak, which was everywhere along the trail. I can see why people say Section O (Burney Falls to I-5) is the least interesting and most tedious section on the trail.



Bronco and I hiked with Data for most of the day. I've seen him occasionally since the first week, but this was the first time hiking with him. He's done the PCT and Colorado Trail before, so we had a lot to talk about. He's always really positive and enthusiastic about everything, so it was fun to hike with him. Seeing all the other hikers that I've gotten to know over the past three months is definitely what I'll miss most when this trip is over. I'll also miss camping. This is my last night on the trail. I do look forward to sleeping in my bed again though!

No comments:

Post a Comment