Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 70 - Buzz Buzz

Day 70 - Wednesday, July 4
South Lake Tahoe (1,092.9) to Phipps Creek (1,114.6)
Miles today - 21.7

Fairway, Macho, and I had breakfast at McDonald's and got a ride to the trail at 9 am. We're hiking through the Desolation Wilderness around the west side of Lake Tahoe. There were only a couple views of Lake Tahoe, but we did pass a lot of smaller lakes.



It's a beautiful area. We saw some rangers and I was asked to show my permit for the first time.



Macho and I are camping in an area with the worst mosquitoes yet. With my jacket, pants, and head net on and with bug spray on my hands they have a hard time biting me. It was amazing to see how many were on me though. There must have been dozens of them on my pants at one time. Made it easy to kill a handful in one slap. I ate dinner in my tent and called it a night.




No comments:

Post a Comment