Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 74 - Racing Darkness

Day 74 - Sunday, July 8
Sierra City (1,197.5) to Summit Lake (1,211.3)
Miles today - 13.8

Breakfast this morning at Red Moose Inn was all-you-can-eat pancakes with bacon and coffee (I've never been much of a coffee drinker before this trip), and I got to watch some of the Wimbledon mens final while I ate.



Then I went over to the store for resupply. It had been picked clean by other hikers and a lot of the food I usually get wasn't there, but I didn't have much trouble finding more than enough for the next few days. Can't be picky at these small stores. I'll be eating a lot of Ramen, Doritos, cookies, and candy.



We were originally going to spend all day in town and leave early tomorrow, but Bronco, Fairway, Macho, and I decided to head out this afternoon. We left at 4 pm and finally got to camp just as total darkness was setting in.



We did over 15 miles (if you count the road walk back to the trail) in about five hours, and there was a 3,000 foot climb right out of town. We were flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment