Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 84 - Zero in Burney

Day 84 - Wednesday, July 18
Burney (1,415.7)
Miles today - 0

I think today was the first time on this entire trip that I got to sit around and do nothing all day. I left the motel room three times - for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Otherwise I was laying in bed watching TV. For once there was no grocery shopping or other chores to do. It was exactly the kind of zero day I wanted, and what my body needs. I could probably use several more days like this.

Even with a day of recovery I've decided to end my journey in four days when I reach I-5. From there I'll get a train home from Dunsmuir. I don't think I have two more months left in me physically and I just don't have the desire to keep going.

2 comments:

  1. Autopilot: Sorry to learn you are getting off the trail, but I understand. If you decide you want to go back and finish next year, you are welcome to join me. Just Retired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Just Retired! Glad to hear you'll be finishing next year.

    ReplyDelete