Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 77 - Detour for Food

Day 77 - Wednesday, July 11
Bear Creek (1,254) to Clear Creek Spring (1,278.2)
Miles today - 24.2 + 2.2 = 26.4

Today was mostly uphill as we regained all of the elevation that we lost yesterday, about 4,500 feet of climbing. Even with all the climbing, we're still doing 3 mph or better now that we're in such good shape.



We took a detour to Bucks Lake, which added a couple miles to our day, but it was worth it. First we stopped at a store where I bought some donuts and chocolate milk, and a little further down the road we hit up the Lakeshore Resort for burgers, beer, and ice cream.


Above: This is why I don't take many group shots. They won't look at the camera for more than two seconds!

Then we relaxed on the beach for a while before moving on.



By the end of the day I was pretty beat and was happy to make it to camp. So far the nights in northern California have been too warm for my sleeping bag. Hopefully tonight will be cooler since we're up a little higher.




2 comments:

  1. I have caught up on everything, been working super long hours and such. I am so proud of you for pushing through and sticking with it. I love reading your blog so much! Sometimes I wish I could actually be there hiking as well, but I know I am far too out of shape to be able to do something like that. You are awesome, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete