Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 85 - What is This? Rain?

Day 85 - Thursday, July 19
Burney (1,415.7) to Peavine Creek (1,437.3)
Miles today - 21.6

Bronco and I got a ride back to the trail this morning from a guy who hiked it in the early 70's. Back then there wasn't a continuous trail yet, so he had to piece together his own route using maps. There wasn't ultralight gear, cellphones, internet or all the other planning resources we have today either. It was a much more hardcore adventure. But he said even back then there was help from trail angels.



Something strange happened today. I rained! Not for long, maybe a couple minutes, but it's the first precipitation in over a month. I wouldn't have minded a little more rain, at least enough to get the ground wet. The trail is so dusty that my feet and legs get covered in dirt every day.




3 comments:

  1. Awesome view of Mt. Shasta - very dominent on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you didn't finish, now what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, what do you recommend?

    Thanks for reminding me to post the rest of my entries.

    ReplyDelete