Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 88 - End of the Road

Day 88 - Sunday, July 22
Trough Creek (1,486.8) to Interstate 5 (1,506.5)
Miles today - 19.7

My time on the PCT officially came to an end this afternoon after doing a quick 20 miles by 1 pm and hitting the 1,500 mile mark along the way.



Then it was a hot and painful two mile road walk to the town of Castella, where I celebrated the end of my journey with a cold beer.



Bronco's parents drove down from Oregon and picked us up, and then dropped me off in Dunsmuir a few miles up I-5, where I'll be catching the Amtrak in the middle of the night. I decided to get a motel room so I could take a shower and have somewhere comfortable to hang out. Unfortunately the laundrymat in town was closed, so I had to hand wash my clothes in the sink. My shirt is still dirt brown and makes me look like a bum, but at least it smells somewhat clean now. I went out for pizza, bought some deodorant, and then watched TV for the rest of the night until it was time to catch my train. I'll miss the PCT, but I'm excited to get home and see everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Great to have you home! Emotional moment when we saw you get off the train at the end of your 90+ day journey; loved the big smile on your face! And yes, you looked like a bum, but that didn't matter!

    ReplyDelete