Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 12 - Idyllwild

Day 12 - Monday, May 7
Fobes Saddle (166.3) to Idyllwild (178.6)
Miles today - 12.3 + 2.5 off trail = 14.8

I made it into Idyllwild, but getting here wasn't easy. The climbing started first thing in the morning and seemed to go on all day. It was awesome hiking though. This terrain in the high mountains is more my style.



There was a bit of snow on the north facing slopes, but it was easy to get around.



After all that I had to hike down a 2.5 mile side trail all downhill to the trailhead, where I got a ride into town. I'm not looking forward to climbing back up that side trail to get back on the PCT.

As soon as I got to town I ran into Wampus Cat and Zen and they treated me to lunch at a pizza place since I had filtered a bunch of water for them. After lunch I got myself set up at the Mt San Jacinto State Park campground where a lot of hikers are staying. I got a five minute shower for $1. Just enough time to get somewhat clean. It's been nearly two weeks since my last shower. Tomorrow I'm going to relax in town all day and hopefully get a bed somewhere.




No comments:

Post a Comment