Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 35 - Mojave

Day 35 - Wednesday, May 30
Tylerhorse Canyon (541.4) to Mojave (558.3)
Miles today - 16.9

Today we hiked through a burn area and then another wind farm.



This one is massive and must have thousands of turbines.



It was kind of boring and my feet were killing me, so I was glad when we got to the road and found a ride into town.

Mojave is a pretty bad town. It's real hot during the day, and then super windy at night. It sounds like the motel is going to blow down. I'm rooming with Fairway, Robin Hood, and Tortuga (Spanish for turtle) aka Joel. Robin and Joel are friends from Portland. I've seen them almost every day for several weeks. As crappy as this town is, the Mexican restaurant was really good. I may have to go back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment