Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 13 - Zero in Idyllwild

Day 13 - Tuesday, May 8
Idyllwild (178.6)
Miles today - 0

I spent all day today eating and hanging out in Idyllwild. There are so many PCT hikers here. John from the CT got into town today. I hadn't seen him since kickoff. He's going by the trail name Cactus now because he usually only carries a liter of water at a time, even in the desert.



Toenail, Spencer, Wampus, Zen, and I are sharing a cabin at Idyllwild Inn tonight. I get a bed, a real shower, and a free load of laundry. We even have a TV. Such luxuries for thruhikers.



For dinner I went out for tacos with Kim and iPod. My meal came with four tacos, retried beans, and rice. I was surprised that I couldn't finish everything. My hiker appetite hasn't fully kicked in yet I guess.



Back on the trail in the morning. These rest stops go by way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment