Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 19 - Zero in Big Bear

Day 19 - Monday, May 14
Big Bear City (265.3)
Miles today - 0

The only important thing I had to do today was buy groceries. Brother Man and I took the bus over to the supermarket but then ended up walking nearly two miles back to the motel instead of waiting for the next bus. I can't say I'm a fan of Big Bear. It's too spread out to easily get where you need to go on foot, and the bus system seems inconvenient and doesn't run frequently enough. The main road is really busy and has no sidewalks, so it's not very pleasant walking. I won't miss this place at all.



On the other hand, I have actually had a really fun time in town hanging out with the other hikers. We've gotten a lot closer over the last week and I hope we're able to stick together for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment