Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 22 - McDonalds

Day 22 - Thursday, May 17
Grass Valley Creek (318) to Cajon Pass (342.1)
Miles today - 24.1

My allergies are getting pretty bad. I was sneezing a lot last night and all day today. I think maybe it's all of the dust in the desert.

It was another hot day as soon as the sun came up. We came to some trail magic in the morning, a cooler of fresh fruit. I had a juicy wedge of pineapple which was really refreshing. We stopped for a break at Silverwood Lake at 10:00 am and that was pretty much the last good shade for the day.



It was another long day since we decided to push for Cajon Pass at Interstate 15 where there's a McDonald's and a hotel.

I wasn't stopping enough to eat and I really struggled in the afternoon.



I finally made it to McDonald's around 4:00 and got a Big Mac and fries and about four or five refills of Coke.



Then a few hours later I had a meatball sub from Subway. I'm sharing a room at the Best Western with Fairway, Brother Man, and Iceman. Only $15 per person and it's actually a nice room. So worth it just for the shower (see my dirt tan below).



I called home and my mom asked if I've had any rain, so I guess I should give a weather update. The only rain I've had was on the very first day. It's been sunny every day since. I'll be surprised if I see anymore rain in southern California.

2 comments:

  1. Dang man. Was that all dirt or are you actually tanning too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was almost all dirt, just a little tan.

    ReplyDelete