Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 18 - Big Bear

Day 18 - Sunday, May 13
Arrastre Trail Camp (255.9) to Big Bear City (265.3)
Miles today - 9.4

I slept in this morning (I guess 6 am is sleeping in after getting up at 2 the last couple days). It was an easy hike to Hwy 18 and I got a ride into Big Bear City by 10:30 with Brother Man.



I ran into Spencer at the Motel 6 and we'll be sharing a room the next two nights. Spencer is going by the trail name Fairway because he worked at a golf course in Atlanta.

Most of the hikers in our group are staying here at the motel, and we spent most of the day just relaxing in the courtyard. Fairway and I took on Yankee Son and Hallmark in a game of Spades while we waited for our laundry.



Then a bunch of us ordered some pizza from Little Caesars and had sort of a party here until the manager came out around 9:50 and told us we had to quiet down. I don't have many errands to run tomorrow, so it should be another relaxing day.

Happy Mothers Day!

5 comments:

  1. sounds like the trip is going awesome! keep plugging away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whats your trip nickname?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're doing great so far. I have no doubt that you can finish this! Enjoy your relaxing days. Sounds like you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up Cuz! I love reading about each day. I'M very jealous of you the views are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got my trail name. You'll read about it soon!

    ReplyDelete