Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 30 - Zero at the Saufleys

Day 30 - Friday, May 25
Agua Dulce (454.9)
Miles today - 0

I woke up this morning with rain coming through the mesh walls of our tent and hitting my sleeping bag. It's the first rain I've seen since Day 1 nearly a month ago. It only lasted a few minutes, then it was cold and really windy for most of the day.



A ton of hikers came in here today, including Wampus Cat, Zen, iPod, Magellan, and Laura. I hadn't seen them since Big Bear, almost 200 miles ago.

I got my grocery shopping done and Yankee Son picked up a pair of insoles for me on his trip to REI last night, so I'm all ready to go again. I played some backgammon and chess with Iceman and iPod. iPod trounced me at chess. I had my first ever In 'N Out burger. I've heard about the place for years. It was pretty good, but I don't think it lives up to the hype.

Toenail showed up here right as I was about to go to bed. I'm not sure where exactly he is on the trail or how he got here. He's talking about skipping up to Kennedy Meadows in a week or two. I hadn't seen him since Idyllwild so it was quite a surprise to see him here.

Thanks again to the Saufleys for their generosity and hospitality.



Above: table full of hungry hikers.

No comments:

Post a Comment