Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 28 - Slowed By Chafe

Day 28 - Wednesday, May 23
Messenger Flat Campground (430.6) to KOA Campground (444.2)
Miles today - 13.6

More poodle dog detour again today. Even after the detour there was a lot of it on the trail to dodge. Hopefully that'll be the last of it the rest of the way.



I was chafing again today and couldn't keep up with everyone else, so I hiked alone most of the day. I still made it to the KOA Campground early in the afternoon, so I had a lot of time to relax and get off my feet. Brother Man and Iceman hiked on a few extra miles. The rest of us are staying here tonight. We ordered a bunch of pizzas for dinner. Fairway, Matt, and I will be heading out real early tomorrow to try to get to town in the morning.



This section has been kind of tedious with all the detours and poodle dog, so it's good to almost be done with it. We've been heading west around the LA area for the last 200 miles. Now we'll finally be going north again, so it feels like more progress will be made towards Canada. The terrain ahead looks pretty brown, and it's sure to be really hot as we get closer to the Mojave Desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment