Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 38 - Break From the Desert

Day 38 - Saturday, June 2
Golden Oaks Spring (583.3) to Landers Creek (608)
Miles today - 24.7

It wasn't nearly as hot as yesterday and that made for a much more enjoyable day today. We're up out of the desert and in some of the nicest forest we've seen yet.



Macho Taco's brother Brett, aka Glitter Boy, may not be hiking anymore, but he hasn't lost his trail spirit. He rented a car and met us at a road crossing with a cooler full of sodas, Gatorade, and water. Tomorrow he's going to try to stock a couple water caches for us.



I felt good all day, but then after drinking the sodas and eating dinner we hiked a couple more hours and I go really lightheaded and felt like I might pass out. I had to walk really slowly and it was a struggle to make it to camp, but now I'm feeling better. I'm camped with Yankee Son, Hallmark, and Just Retired. The rest of the group is somewhere a few miles further.




No comments:

Post a Comment