Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 47 - National Parks

Day 47 - Monday, June 11
Diaz Creek (741.7) to Rock Creek (760.5)
Miles today - 18.8

It got really cold last night. When I woke up this morning one of my water bottles was filled with ice. It's a lot harder to get moving in the morning when it's so cold. We've been sleeping in a little later is that we're in the Sierra since we don't have to beat the desert heat anymore. It's nice not having to pack up in the dark.



Today we climbed up to Cottonwood Pass, the first time we've gone over 11,000 ft. Then we stopped for lunch at Chicken Spring Lake, which might be the first real lake we've seen in over 700 miles. Only The Bobcat was brave enough to go for a swim. She said it wasn't too cold but I don't know if I believe her.



We entered Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, the first two of seven parks we'll pass through on the way to Canada.



We're camped next to a really sweet creek where I was able to clean myself up and rinse off some of my stinky clothes. This is by far the best campsite yet.



The only downside is that we're starting to see some mosquitoes. I added some wild onions to my dinner and it was delicious. I'm loving the Sierra!

1 comment: