Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 58 - Zero in Mammoth

Day 58 - Friday, June 22
Mammoth Lakes (904)
Miles today - 0

It was a productive yet relaxing zero day in Mammoth. I had eggs, bacon, pancakes, and potatoes for breakfast. Then I got my grocery shopping done in time to watch the soccer match between Germany and Greece in the European Championship quarterfinals. I'm kind of bummed that I'll have to miss the rest of the tournament.

For lunch I got a Thai chicken pizza and then I spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on my blog. I mailed a couple things before the post office closed. Fairway, Houdini, and I went out for dinner and there was a happy hour special of burger and beer for $8. After dinner I forgot that I still needed to get some bug spray. Luckily the outfitter was still open.

Mammoth has been a good town stop, but it wasn't quite what I thought it would be. As far as ski towns go I enjoyed Breckenridge on the CT a lot more.

2 comments:

  1. Got all caught up on the past few weeks. Looking forward to what you think of the CA/OR border scenery, Echoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've walked the same distance as the ride from Mt. Rushmore to Hinsdale!

    ReplyDelete