Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 65 - Going Through the Motions

Day 65 - Friday, June 29
Sonora Pass (1,018.5) to Boulder Creek (1,032.4)
Miles today - 13.9

Houdini, Fairway, and I got a ride back to the trail around 9 am. Even with the perfect weather, no mosquitoes, and pretty scenery, the hiking felt tedious and I just wanted the day to end. The miles went by slowly.



Around 3 pm I caught up to Bronco as he was setting up camp. Houdini and I decided to call it an early day as well. Even after a short day we're all pretty tired. Fairway charged onward as he usually does. A couple hours later Macho Taco showed up. We've been trying to meet up again ever since Lone Pine a couple weeks ago. We're definitely going to hike together to Tahoe.



Above: Macho Taco, Houdini, and Bronco.

I told the guys I'm probably ending my hike there in a few days. Apparently this is the point where a lot of thruhikers get worn out mentally and physically and drop out every year. I know there are going to be good days and bad days. I knew from the beginning that this would be a huge challenge. Maybe if I find a way to keep going things will get better and I'll start having fun again. I don't know what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment