Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 51 - Zero in Lone Pine

Day 51 - Friday, June 15
Lone Pine (788.9)
Miles today - 0

Fairway, Macho Taco, and I caught the morning bus from Independence to Lone Pine, a slightly larger town about 15 miles south with more options for hotels, restaurants, and resupply. You can see Mt Whitney from town. It's hard to believe I was up there a couple day ago.



Above: Whitney is the peak in the center of the picture above the tree. Doesn't look like much from down here.

Macho Taco is meeting his girlfriend here. Fairway and I got a room at the Dow Villa Hotel. Decent room, but has a shared bathroom with the rest of the hall.



I had a burger and a salad for lunch. And a huge plate of fajitas with rice and beans for dinner. I was already full, but I found room for a massive hot fudge sundae. I'm trying to pack on the calories while in town.



Fairway and I are getting a ride back to the trail in the morning from Macho Taco's girlfriend. It'll be another seven day section before the next town. We'll be in the heart of the High Sierra, crossing high mountain passes every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment