Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 62 - Moving Forward

Day 62 - Tuesday, June 26
Tuolumne Meadows (942.5) to Smedberg Lake (969)
Miles today - 26.5

It was really cold this morning and my fingers went numb as I tried to pack up. The only way to get warm was to get moving. I left camp with Fairway, but he hikes fast and doesn't take many breaks, so I was alone for most of the day. I'm still hiking through Yosemite and will be for at least another day.



This is a beautiful area of the park that not many people get to see.



A lot of the trail was on bare rock and my knees are feeling pretty sore.



I'm camped alone at a lake. Everyone else went on a bit further, probably because of the mosquitoes here, but they didn't bother me now that I have bug spray.



I just noticed a clump of brown fur right outside my tent. I have a bad feeling it's from a bear. I wish I had seen it before I set up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment