Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 60 - Tuolumne

Day 60 - Sunday, June 24
Badger Lakes (921.5) to Tuolumne Meadows (942.5)
Miles today - 21

I hiked alone all day again and it's still cold and windy. Feels a lot more like fall than summer.



I went over Donohue Pass, the last point above 11,000' the rest of the trail, and crossed into Yosemite National Park.



There were a ton of JMTers on the trail. I passed Monkey the 8 year old and Mama Bear, the first familiar faces I've seen in nearly two days. I've been running into them occasionally. The last nine miles of the day were almost completely flat and is probably the easiest stretch of trail yet.



I made it to Tuolumne (pronounced too-Ah-luh-me) Meadows just before the grill closed and got a double cheeseburger for dinner. I spent the rest of the night hanging out in the backpackers campground with the other PCTers. Kanji, Desert Fox, Steamer, the bearded four (Beardoh, Qball, Jeremiah Johnson, and Wolfpack) and a couple others.



Above: Kanji, Desert Fox, and Steamer.

Fairway and Houdini didn't show up, so I assume they stayed in Mammoth another night. Tomorrow I'll try to get down to the valley to see the main part of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment