Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 66 - Turning Point

Day 66 - Saturday, June 30
Boulder Creek (1,032.4) to Eagle Creek (1,055)
Miles today - 22.6

Macho Taco and I left camp around 6:45 am and hiked together the entire day. I enjoyed the company and the miles flew by. The scenery was nice too.



The landscape seemed to change around every corner and for the first time in a while I didn't feel as if I was only hiking to reach a destination.



In the morning we passed a woman going the other direction who told us there was trail magic about 15 miles ahead, so we were looking forward to it all day. When we got there it didn't disappoint. They started us off with a huge plate of fruit - a peach, berries, cantaloupe, and watermelon. Then that was followed up with a burger and baked beans. And of course there were cold drinks. After a second plate of fruit I was so full I had to turn down a hot dog.



It was hard to get up and leave, but five minutes down the trail was more trail magic! We only stopped briefly at this one, but the brownie and chocolate milk were delicious.

I'm camped with Macho Taco, Bronco, Houdini, and Fairway in a cool spot near a lot of interesting rock formations. Today was one of the better days I've had on the trail and makes me think I should keep going, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment